Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Google Tools in the Classroom
Pages and Files
How to Embed Content onto your Wiki Page
1. Getting Started with Google
2. Google Search
3. Google Documents
4. Picasa Web Albums
5. Google Reader
6. Google Calendar
5. Google Reader
Upon completion of this module, the student will be able to:
1. Subscribe to blogs
2. Share blogs with others
3. Utilize blogs in the classroom to gain knowledge
Grading for Module
1 hour credit (All parts of the assignment must be complete to earn credit. No partial credit can be given.)
Product- Google Reader
Google Reader is a tool for gathering, reading, and sharing all the interesting blogs and websites you read on the web.
1. Explore the websites below in "Google Reader" to learn about Google Reader.
2. Create a new page on your wiki called "Google Reader." On the "Google Reader" page, journal about ideas you have for using Google Reader to gain knowledge or resources for your classroom.
3. Explore the blogs listed below in "Finding Blogs to Add to Your Google Reader."
4. Subscribe to at least 3 blogs.
5. Go to
to read the blogs to which you have subscribed.
6. Create a bundle to share with the other class participants. Embed the bundle on your wiki. Instructions are located in the GoogleReader.pdf Tutorial below in the "Sharing a Bundle" section.
7. On the
tab of this page, respond to the question.
Google Reader in Plain English
Finding Blogs to Add to Your Google Reader
Blogs by Area of Interest
Finding Blogs on Topics That Interest You:
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"